FeedtheFightBoston is an all-volunteer organization. We do our best to avoid ANYTHING that diverts funds from the restaurants we're helping or reduces the deliveries we can make to our frontline healthcare workers. Here are the the range of potential fees:
- Credit card fees: When someone donates to FTFB and pays by credit card, their credit card company almost certainly charges a fee of several percent, which means that FTFB receives the amount of the donation minus the credit card fee. If you donate $100, then something like $2 will go to your credit card company, leaving $98 for FeedtheFightBoston. (When FTFB purchases food, there are no credit card fees because we use other methods to pay.)
- No fees with GoFundMe: FeedTheFightBoston accepts donations online via a GoFundMe page. Normally GoFundMe charges for transactions; but in our case it has waived its fees. GoFundMe still has real business expenses, though; on the donation form, they ask for an optional "tip" to help defray their cost of doing business. YOU decide whether to leave a tip and the amount. If you were to tip of 5% on your $100 donation, GoFundMe will charge your credit card an additional $5 for for the tip. You'll pay a total of $105. FeedtheFightBoston receives the same amount (about $98 because of credit card fees) no matter the size of the tip.
- No fees with FeedTheFightBoston's fiscal sponsor: BIG THANKS go to The Rotary Club of Newton, which has generously offered to serve as FTFB's fiscal sponsor and to charge us nothing! It's a wonderful contribution.
- No taxes on your donation: Because the Rotary, FeedTheFightBoston's fiscal sponsor, is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, and FeedtheFightBoston is doing charity work, your donations are tax deductible!
- No fees with ezCater: Normally, ezCater charges the restaurant a fee for its services. But ezCater is waiving their fees for FeedtheFightBoston's orders, which means that the restaurants we are trying to support receive the full value of the orders we place. THANK YOU ezCater!